In order to be eligible for membership you must fall into one of five categories. You must:
1. Now able to join if you reside, work, or worship in portions of Durham County and Cumberland County, North Carolina.
2. Be employed by one of our Select Employee Groups
, click the link to see if your employer is on the list.
3. Be an immediate family member of an already established member. For example, you would have to be the spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, adopted child, step-child, step-parent or step-sibling of the member to be eligible.
4. Live in the same household as an already established member. You can bring in a bill, driver's license, etc to verify your address.
5. If you do not qualify for membership in any of the above criteria you can join The North Carolina Consumers Council (NCCC)
for an $18 tax-deductible NCCC membership fee.
In addition to being eligible for membership you will also have to open a share account, or a savings account, and deposit a minimum of $25.00. That $25.00 is YOUR share of Vision Financial Federal Credit Union.
After you gain membership, your spouse, child(ren), step-child(ren), adopted child(ren), parent(s), step-parent(s), sibling(s), step-sibling(s), grandparent(s) and grandchild(ren) are all eligible for membership. Also, any widows or widowers of a Credit Union member who passed away while in the field of membership that has NOT remarried are still eligible for membership.