Identity Theft Program
Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches affecting millions of records are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone—regardless of your age or income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
Vision Financial Federal Credit Union is delighted to provide identity theft detection and recovery services to all share draft (checking) account holders for only $2.00/month.
We have partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery –
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with Vision Financial Federal Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. (Please refer to Terms and Conditions for details.)
- Lost Document Replacement – If you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, we can help! Just let us know and we will refer you to a professional Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – up to $10,000* – Expense Reimbursement Insurance is available to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered. Review the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage.
Speak with a member service representative today to enroll.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.