Certificate of Deposit (CD)
Certificate of Deposits are one of the safest and smartest way to save for future educational expenses, vacations, or even retirement.
Members who are interested in an investment account may want to take advantage of a variety of our competitive-yield Certificate of Deposits, or CD's. You will always earn more with a CD than you could with a regular savings account. The reason for the increase in earnings is because you will deposit a minimum of $500 into the account that will be held for a specified period of time. You will accrue interest which will be added to your CD monthly.
Our CD's can be tailored to fit your financial needs, with terms going from 30 days to 36 months, to help you lock in the highest amount of earnings. Investing in certificates are a safe, simple way to earn a competitive rate on your money:
- Invest short-term for maximum liquidity, or long-term for the highest possible rate of return.
- Certificate maturities from 30 days to 36 months.
- Minimum deposit of only $500.00 is required.
- Penalty for early withdrawal.
- Interest is compounded and credited monthly.
Unless specific arrangements are made with a Member Service Representative your CD will automatically renew, at your previous term and our current rate, on it's maturity date. We will notify you of your impending maturity date in plenty of time for you to think about your options. If you choose to simply renew your CD, at our current rate, you don't even have to contact us - it will happen automatically. This provides convenience for members, but still allows our members almost 30-days to change the terms or conditions of their certificate without any penalties if they choose to do so!
Student Certificate of Deposit
- Only for members 23 years old and under!
- Manageable 12 month term!
- High interest rate - 0.10% over the current 12 month CD rate!
- Low minimum deposit - only $100!
- Maximum of $5,000!
- Requirement: Student must have a student ID or a current class schedule!